• Are you or someone you know in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger, or seriously injured, you can call 999 (or 112 from a mobile). 
  • Finding a safe space. If possible try and find somewhere you feel safe. If this isn't possible and you are on campus you can call Security on 01227 922355.  
  • Safe Zone. You can also use the Safe Zone app to immediately contact Security, if you are on campus.  
  • What is a sexual violence? It might be useful to think about what hate crime is and how some of the behaviours are described.  
  • To a friend. Talking things through with someone you trust can sometimes help.  
  • Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers. The Advisers support students in making informed decisions, through one-to-one conversations, be it related to personal, general wellbeing, financial, housing, or academic matters. The Wellbeing Advisers can be a triage service to other more specialist areas within the Student Support, Health and Wellbeing Department, including Mental Wellbeing and Disability Services. If we cannot help, we can link in with the other departments within the University who can, and any external services and resources, where possible. Alternatively, if you are a member of staff, contact HR
  • Reporting to the police. If you're thinking of reporting to the police you can report a hate crime online. 
  • Reporting the incident anonymously. You can contact Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111 or use their online form. 
  • Report and Support. Students and staff can report an incident using the University’s Report and Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously, or you can request support from an advisor. If you choose to talk to an advisor they will be able to talk through the options and support available to you, in confidence. 
  • University Procedure. If you choose to make a formal complaint to the University against a student or a member of staff there are procedures that set out the steps you’ll need to follow.
  •  East Kent Rape Crisis Centre offer a wide range of support as well as a drop in for students, every Thursday 12-2  to meet with a dedicated student Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA). You can reach them by visiting their website or to arrange a slot at the drop in please email 
  • Beech House Sexual Assault Referral Centre. At Beech House SARC, individuals will be offered  support and guidance, a medical assessment/treatment, a forensic examination, and the opportunity of aftercare referrals for support services. Clients will be offered these services ​based on their individual needs, and can choose to use as much or as little of our service as they wish. 
          Office: 01622 726461 (Weekdays, 9am - 5pm)
          Out of Hours: 0800 133 7432 (24/7 Free Phone)

There are two ways you can tell us what happened