If you make a submission under the "speak to an advisor" option, we can support you in the following ways:

  • Supporting you with referrals and signposting to appropriate specialist support agencies 
  • Access to mental health and wellbeing support
  • Support with liaising with the CCCU Security and relevant security information 
  • Supporting you to access your course and protect your education.
  • Supporting you in conversations with your accommodation provider
  • Supporting you with reporting options. For example, where appropriate and in line with your wishes you can be supported you to make a formal misconduct report to the university and/or to report incidents to the police. 
Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers can be a triage service to other more specialist areas within the Student Support, Health and Wellbeing Department, including Mental Wellbeing and Disability Services. If we are not the appropriate persons to help and support you, we can link in with the other departments within the University who can, and any external services and resources, where possible.

Extenuating Circumstances. If you feel your studies have been affected by what has happened to you, you can consider applying for mitigating circumstances. An advisor in your school will be able to provide more information. 

Spectrum.Life offers immediate online, text and telephone support from qualified professionals. You can talk to them about anything, including stress, anxiety, low mood, financial worries, loss and grief, relationship difficulties, substance abuse issues and much more. They will work with you in getting initial help and liaise with the Mental Wellbeing Team for ongoing support.

Respect work with male victims and perpetrators of domestic abuse. If you have been violent or are worried about your behaviour, you can call Respect on 0800 802 40 40 or email info@respectphoneline.org.uk.

In the case of an emergency and if you are in immediate danger:

Report to police Call 999 - there is an option for silent support if talking will put you in danger. Keep your phone on your persons and charged where possible.

Report to A & E if you require immediate medical treatment. 

If you are not in immediate danger, you can speak to your GP/healthcare professional or call the police non-emergency number 101, report a crime online or attend any local police station. 
Rights of Women have detailed advice about reporting to the police and a guide to criminal investigations.

Independent specialist support. Rising Sun Domestic Violence and Abuse Service provide confidential, non-judgmental support to those, studying or working in the area Call 01227 452852 (Mon-Fri 09:00 – 16:30).

CCCU have an Independent Domestic Violence Adviser from Rising Sun who supports our students. Contact can be made on your behalf to have an informal conversation about support available to you from Rising Sun. This support can be via the phone or in person at Augustine House. 

You do not have to provide identifying information of a perpetrator to access this support.

Refuge  offer support to women subjected to different forms of gender based violence, including access to a refuge or ‘safe house’ for women and children escaping domestic abuse.

Help For Male Victims - Mankind – ManKind's confidential helpline is available for male victims of domestic abuse and domestic violence across the UK as well as their friends, family, neighbours, work colleagues and employers. 

Galop is a charity that provides specialist support for LGBTQ+ individuals affected by domestic violence. 

Victim Support - for free and confidential support to help you deal with your experience, irrespective of whether you have reported the crime to police, victim support are able to support you. They can also support witness and friends and family members whose loved ones have been subject to abuse. Call 0808 168 9111.

Victim Support Drop-in: 
Victim Support Kent are offering a drop-in service to anyone affected by crime. We are offering a free and confidential space within Canterbury Christ Church University should you wish to come and speak to a specially trained member of staff, to explore what support is available. This can be arranged through Report and Support when you speak with an advisor. 

You can also call the national domestic violence number - this is open 24/7 and can be anonymous: 0808 2000 247.

Rights of Women have detailed advice about reporting to the police and a guide to criminal investigations. 
Resources for staff at the University  
Supporting you at work. The University has a range of support available for employees who are experiencing personal difficulties. 

Spectrum.life offers colleagues a safe, confidential space to access professional advice, guidance and support. The service is accessible 24/7, 365 days a year and is completely free to all staff and their immediate family members living in the same household (excluding children under 16 years of age). 
It provides short-term, solution-focused counselling and referral services as well as an online wellness platform providing a range of support guides and resources on a range of wellbeing topics. 
The online portal has smart content tailored to users interests and the Spectrum.life app (available via the app store) makes the platform easy to access ‘on the go’.

Employee networks. The University has a number of staff network groups. They are a fantastic way to network with people from all over the University, build contacts, share experiences, arrange events and socialise.

For more information and to find out more about using Report and Support, please take a look at these pages

There are two ways you can tell us what happened