Sexual harassment is never okay

Sexual harassment is unwanted and unwelcome words, conduct or behaviour of a sexual nature that has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, embarrassing, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for the recipient.  

  • Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can call 999 (or 112 from a mobile). 
  • Finding a safe space. If possible try and find somewhere you feel safe. If this isn't possible and you are on campus you can call Security on 01227 922355.  
  • Safe Zone. You can also use the Safe Zone app to immediately contact security if you are on campus. 
  • To a friend. Talking things through with someone you trust can sometimes help. 
  • Christ Church Sexual Violence Liaison Officers (SVLO). Our SVLO's are specifically trained and available for advice and guidance on further support options and for ongoing wellbeing support for students. Appointments can be booked through the Student Wellbeing Advisers by contacting 
  • Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers. The Advisers support students in making informed decisions through one-to-one conversations, be it related to personal, general wellbeing, financial, housing, or academic matters. The Wellbeing Advisers can be a triage service to other more specialist areas within the Student Support, Health and Wellbeing Department, including Mental Wellbeing and Disability Services. If we cannot help, we can link in with the other departments within the University who can, and any external services and resources, where possible. 
  • You can speak to your manager, HR or CiC who provide a confidential listening and guidance service, including access to counselling, specialist advice for legal or financial concerns, a website with information and signposting, and a dedicated advice line for those who manage other staff.  
  • Reporting to the police. If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can call 999 (or 112 from a mobile). Alternatively, you can report using the non-emergency number 101
  • Report and Support. Students and staff can report an incident using the University’s Report and Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can request support from an advisor. If you choose to talk to an advisor they will be able to talk through the options and support available to you, in confidence. 
  • University Procedure. If you choose to make a formal complaint to the University against a student or a member of staff there are procedures which set out the steps you’ll need to follow. 


There are two ways you can tell us what happened